Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
Super easy way to make this classic american dish...
15 - 20minutes
20 - 25minutes
- 1 Lemons (Juice and zest)
- 1 tbsp of Buttermilk
- 1 Clove of Garlic (Finely diced)
- 500 ml of Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 100 Grams of Unsalted Butter
- 100 Grams of Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 200 Grams of Plain Flour (for dusting)
- 10 Chicken Wings (Split at the joint and tips removed)
- 50 Grams of Blue Cheese
- 50 Grams of Sour Cream
- 1. To make the dip: Pulse the sour cream, blue cheese,, garlic, milk and lemon juice in a food processor until combined but still chunky. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Heat your vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over high heat until thermometer registers 170C/180C then Mix the flour and paprika in a shallow dish. dust the wings in the flour mixture to coat, tapping off the excess. Fry the wings in batches, turning as needed, until cooked through and deep golden brown, this should take about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the hot sauce, butter and honey in a medium pot over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Reserve one-quarter of the sauce for serving. Add the cooked wings to the pot and toss with the remaining sauce. Serve with the blue cheese dip and reserved sauce.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.