Toffee Apple Cookie Dough Puff Pastry Doughnuts
By Matthew Healy
Not one for the fainthearted, Try this mega sweet and delicious doughnut recipe
10 - 15minutes
5 - 10minutes
- 1. Roll out your puff pastry flat on your work surface then roll out your cookie dough, in between 2 sheets of grease proof paper, until very thin, cut a section of the dough 1 third the size of your puff pastry then place this in the middle of the pastry, fold the left side over then the right side over, dust with a little flour and gently roll a rolling pin over the top to seal
- 2. Using a pastry cutter (if you don;t have one use something with a circular shape) cut out 4 doughnuts then using a smaller pastry cutter pop out the centres of your doughnuts and pinch the outside to create a little seal
- 3. Heat up your oil in a cast iron pan (use a deep fat fryer if you have one) to 170/180C, drop a bit of pastry into the hot oil, it will drop to the bottom then float when your oil is hot enough
- 4. Drop your doughnuts into the hot oil and cook for 1 minute before flipping over and cooking for a further 1 minute, remove from the oil and pop onto some kitchen roll then dust in your cinnamon and sugar
- 5. Empty your tin of caramel into a zip lock bag and push down into a corner, using scissors snip the corner off the end and cover the top of your doughnuts with the caramel...
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.