Pecan Pie, Vanilla Cream
By Matthew Healy
Can't think of a better dessert to finish off your 4th July celebrations....
30 - 45minutes
40 - 45minutes
- 300 Grams of Pecan Nuts
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 175 Grams of Golden Syrup
- 175 Grams of Maple Syrup
- 100 Grams of Caster Sugar
- 75 Grams of Unsalted Butter
- 100 Grams of Plain Flour (For dusting)
- 1 Sweet Pastry Case 12" (Recipe on cranble.com or you can use shop bought pastry)
- 200 ml of Double Cream (to serve)
- 1 Vanilla Pod (split and seeds scraped out)
- 1. Roll out your pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a tart case, keep any leftover pastry in case you need to fill any cracks after blind-baking, pop in the fridge for 30 mins to rest
- 2. Pre-heat your oven to 170C/gas 5. Line the pastry case with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and blind bake for 15-20 mins until the sides are set. Remove the beans and parchment and return to the oven for 5-10 mins until the base is set and the pastry is golden then set aside to cool.
- 3. Whack your oven up to 190C/gas 6 and beat the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy then add both of the syrups and gradually add the eggs, a pinch of salt and the vanilla, then whisk until combined. Stir through the nuts, pour into the tart case and bake for 10 mins.
- 4. Turn your oven down to 140C/gas 3 and continue baking for 30-35 mins your tart should be golden brown but the filling should wobble a little in the centre when shaken. Leave to cool in the tin, Serve with vanilla cream.
You need to login to add me to your cook book! Login here.